Vegetable and turkey meatloaf
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf sized baking pan with foil.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with non fat cooking spray. Saute the onion until softened – about 3-5 minutes. Add in the carrots, celery, and bell pepper, and cook for another 3-5 minutes to soften the veggies. #Add in the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and saute about 3 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, oats, parsley, egg substitute, applesauce, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper. Fold in the veggies.
- Empty the mixture into your baking pan, and shape mixture into a loaf form with your hands.
- Bake until browned and meat inside is thoroughly cooked – about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand about 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 equally sized slices.
- Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
- Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)