Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Yield: 24 appetizers
- 24 tater tots, partially defrosted (15 minutes at room temperature)
- 12 strips center-cut bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 24 (1/2-inch) chunks sharp cheddar cheese
- 24 drops Tabasco sauce
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Lay a piece of bacon on a flat surface. Place a tater tot on top. Using a sharp knife, gently cut a slit down the center of the tater tot. Wiggle a piece of cheese into the slit. Sprinkle Tabasco sauce on top. Wrap bacon tightly around the stuffed tater tot and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until they appear to be cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.
- 40 m
- 30 m
- 1 h 10 m
- 1 (32 ounce) package tater tots
- 2 pounds sliced bacon, cut in half
- 6 slices American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the tater tots in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, so that they are no longer frozen but not completely cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place bacon slices in a skillet over medium heat. Fry bacon until cooked through but still flexible. Drain on paper towels.
- Break each slice of cheese into small pieces. Each slice should make about 16 pieces. Place a piece of cheese against the side of a tater tot. Wrap with a piece of the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until you run out of tots.